Now let us come up with a class of games which can be called generic chess type games may be. All these games are two player games. The following being the governing rules :
- There is a nXn square board with n*n positions
- There are n/2 pieces, n/4 belong to one group and the other n/4 belong to another group
- Among the n/4 pieces in each group, n/8 pieces all belong to the same group, while the remaining n/8 pieces are all different
- Each type of piece has a set of rules governing which position it takes up during alternative turns with the players. There are p possible positions constrained by the rules for each piece, where p = (n, n/2]. Or accordingly if it can replace and oust the opposite player's piece from the board, in that case there are n possibilities again constrained by the ousting rules.
- One piece in each group is the target, once it is ousted from the board, the game is over.